Broken to Brilliant's programs, services and fund raising events are listed below.
There are many activities held each year, these include presentations, art therapy, gratitude rides, book writing, and our mentoring program.
If you would like to host a morning or afternoon tea or dinner or invite us to speak at your event please contact us via email:
You can choose to donate to Broken to Brilliant from your event and showcase your event through Every Day Hero
Upcoming Programs & Events
- Steps to Rebuild your Life - BrisbaneSun, Nov 01https://broken-to-brilliant.teachable.com/
- Pilates in the ParkSun, Jan 31Silky Oak Espresso Strathpine
- Gratitude Walk Silky Oak StrathpineSat, Feb 0646 Ainsdale StFeb 06, 7:00 AM GMT+10 – Dec 04, 11:00 AM GMT+1046 Ainsdale St, 46 Ainsdale St, Chermside West QLD 4032, AustraliaGratitude Walk the 1st Saturday of the month, meet at Silky Oak Espresso coffee shop corner Gympie Road and Buckby Street Strathpine. We meed at 7am. We walk along 5-mile creek and back for coffee at 8am.
- EOI Blogging GEMSWed, Feb 10Broken to Brilliant Blogging GEMSFeb 10, 7:00 PM GMT+10 – Nov 24, 8:00 PM GMT+10Broken to Brilliant Blogging GEMSExpress your interest. The Blogging GEMS program helps domestic violence survivors to practice selfcare strategies to rebuild their life & you will also learn how to blog. Lessons & feedback from an award winning author, journalist & blogger. Blogs will be published on Broken to Brilliant website
- Gratitude Walk Silky Oak West ChermsideSat, Feb 2046 Ainsdale St
- Expression of Interest - Share your storyTime is TBDLocation is TBD
- Survivors to Thrivers Mentoring ProgramThis program is ongoingSurvivor to Thriver Mentoring Program
- Gratitude WalkSat, Jan 1646 Ainsdale St
- Knitting ConnectionWed, Oct 07Broken to Brilliant Op ShopOct 07, 2020, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AMBroken to Brilliant Op Shop , 2-6 Railway Parade, Geebung QLD 4034, AustraliaThe Knitting Connection is a group of keen knitters that meets each Wednesday to knit together, share knitting patterns, ideas and projects. This group will be knitting community connections, friendships and kindness over the click clack of the knitting needles. Pop in to share a yarn.
- Navigating Uncertainty with Jessie TorresSun, Aug 09Via Zoom
- Postponed due to COVID19 Christmas in July high-teaSat, Jul 25Northgate Hall
- How to take ‘it’s overwhelming’ out of problem solving & get to ‘I reckon I can do this!Sun, Jun 28I reckon I can do this!
- A creative and insightful way to set our goalsSun, Jun 14A creative & insightful way to set goals
- Cancelled Art Show: Domestic Violence Amazing Resilient Thriver (DV-ART)Wed, Jun 03Richard Randall Art Studio
- Domestic and Family Violence Month Logan Hyperdome LibraryThu, May 21Logan Hyperdome LibraryMay 21, 2020, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM GMT+10Logan Hyperdome Library, 66-70 Mandew St, Shailer Park QLD 4128, AustraliaCancelled due to COVID19 Learn about domestic and family violence, what it is, why victims stay, how survivors have rebuild their lives and are helping others to do the same during Domestic and Family Violence Month at Logan Hyperdome Library Thursday, 21 May 2020, 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM.
- Finding Motivation through Inspiration and Self DiscoverySun, May 17Zoom:Motivation Inspiration Self DiscoveryMay 17, 2020, 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM GMT+10Zoom:Motivation Inspiration Self DiscoveryFinding motivation through inspiration and self-discovery presented by Fiona Ware using ZOOM. This workshop will help you to see all the incredible things you have done and find your dreams, passions and aspirations for your future.
- Domestic and Family Violence Month Kawana LibraryThu, May 07Kawana Library - Sunshine CoastMay 07, 2020, 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM GMT+10Kawana Library - Sunshine Coast, 30 Nanyima St, Buddina QLD 4575, AustraliaDue to COVID19, libraries are closed this face to face event has been cancelled Learn about domestic and family violence, what it is, why victims stay, what programs are there for perpetrators and more during Domestic and Family Violence Month at Kawana Library Thursday 7th May 5-7pm
- SOLD OUT EOI - ONLINE Survivors to Thrivers Mentoring ProgramSun, Mar 29Survivor to Thriver Mentoring ProgramMar 29, 2020, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM GMT+10Survivor to Thriver Mentoring ProgramFULL! Express your interest (EOI) to be involved in the ONLINE Survivors to Thrivers Mentoring Program as a mentee. Domestic violence survivors mentoring fellow survivors to support you, rebuilding your life after domestic violence.
- Broken to Brilliant Annual General Meeting (AGM) 2019Wed, Nov 27Grange Bowls and Community Club
- Shattered to Shining Book Launch - SOLD OUTSat, Aug 24The Roof Top Terrace Wesley HouseAug 24, 2019, 5:00 PM – 7:00 PMThe Roof Top Terrace Wesley House , 140 Ann St Brisbane City QLD 4000 AustraliaBroken to Brilliant is pleased to announce the launch of our third book - Shattered to Shining - stories of strength & success after domestic violence. This is a catered event and tickets are $55 per person -SOLD OUT
- Broken to Brilliant Annual General Meeting (AGM)Wed, Nov 28Downfall Creek Meeting Room
- Melbourne CupTue, Nov 06Melbourne Cup at Portabella RestuarantNov 06, 2018, 11:30 AM – 2:30 PMMelbourne Cup at Portabella Restuarant, 720 Albany Creek Rd, Albany Creek QLD 4035, AustraliaOnce again we are pleased to partner with Portabella Restaurant Albany Creek and their city location Public Bar and Restaurant for Melbourne Cup Lunch. Tickets are purchased direct from the venues. Broken to Brilliant will be raising funds through the raffles for the Terror to Triumph audio book.