Expression of Interest - Share your story
Time & Location
About The Event
Share your story
Yes, it is time to share your story.
Sharing your story will not be easy. How do I l know? Well in 2013, I did just that. I started to share my story. Yes, it did bring up a lot of hurt feelings and it took me back to those dark times. Though in the process something positive happened, I began to feel free from baggage, I worked through underlying emotions and I felt happier and more at peace with myself.
Since then 32 domestic violence survivors have also shared their stories in our series of stories of strength and success and rebuilding life after abuse. The authors in our three books Broken to Brilliant, Terror to Triumph and Shattered to Shining found that sharing their story was life changing. But also, their stories have helped so many other domestic violence survivors, providng hope and the tools to help them to rebuild their lives.
Now, it could be your turn to share your story. Due to COVID, Broken to Brilliant has not been able to schedule our book writing workshops. Though we want to be ready for later in the year. We are calling for expressions of interest to be selected as an author in one of our upcoming books.
To be eligible you will need to:
- Be a domestic violence survivor
- Be out of the abusive relationship for 5 years or more
- Have moved forward in your life and are not stuck in victimhood
- Complete the application form, answer the questions and submit a 250-300-word summary of how you rebuilt your life after domestic violence
- Be prepared to undertake a writing program that includes online webinars, question and answer sessions and a live-in writing workshop, attend a book launch and promote the book.
- Pay a fee of $880 this is not charged NOW until your place is confirmed. (this payment amount is greatly reduced due to grants and other funding).
Express your interest now, start saving and we will be in contact with you.
Not all applicants will receive a place in the books, as we can only have ten people per book.
There are more books being planned, one with professionals who experienced domestic violence and one where survivors used faith or spirituality to heal and women living in rural areas who have experienced domestic violence.
Apply Now, you could change your life and help another survivor change their life.