EOI Blogging GEMS
Time & Location
About The Event
- Do you want to learn how to blog?
- Are you a domestic violence survivor?
- Are you interested in rebuilding your life after abuse?
If you answered yes, to the questions above the Broken to Brilliant Blogging GEMS program could be for you.
There are limited places for 10 people, the cost is $299 per person. There will be 14 webinars between February and October, sharing Blogging Skills and education on the selfcare practices of Gratitude, Exercise, Meditation, Support and Service (GEMS). After each education session you will put the selfcare strategy into practice and blog about your experience. The aim is to help you get into the habit of practicing selfcare, while you test and work out what selfcare strategies resonate with you. Writing about your experiences helps to process these activities and build your writing skills. Each of your blogs will be professionally reviewed by author and former award winning journalist, Belinda Pollard. Then they will be published on the Broken to Brilliant website.
Broken to Brilliant is seeking expressions of interest from applicants for this program. You will need to be able to pay for the program, commit to attending the webinars, undertake the selfcare activities such as a gratitude practice, exercise, meditation, seek support and provide service to others e.g. volunteer and be prepared to write 500 words about your experiences in undertaking these selfcare activities and how they helped you to move forward in your life after abuse. Broken to Brilliant will publish the edited blogs on their website to help and support other domestic violence survivors’ in their journey to rebuilding their lives after abuse.
The program will be conducted online via Zoom and on the 10th Feb 2021 EOI will be confirmed.
- Session dates: The 1 hour session dates are Session 1 on 10th February, Session 2 on 24th February, Session 3 on 14th April, Session 4 on 9th June, Session 5 on 21st July, Session 6 on 1st September, Session 7 on 13th October and the final session will be held on the 24th November discussing where to now and how to use your blogging skills.
- Blog submission dates: The dates to submit your 500-word blog are: 24th March, 12th May, 7th July, 18th Aug, 29th September and 10th November.
- This is more than learning to blog, this is rebuilding your life through evidence based strategies and sharing your experiences to help others, you will be changing your lfie and helping others to change their life.
- Submit your expression of interest and we will contact you about this program.
Session 1 - Blogging GEMSZOOM
Session 2 - Blogging GEMSZOOM