Wed, 06 Apr|
The Blogging STARS program helps domestic violence survivors to practice self-care strategies to rebuild their life & you will also learn how to blog. Lessons & feedback from an award winning author, journalist & blogger. Blogs will be published on Broken to Brilliant website.
Time & Location
06 Apr 2022, 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm AEST
About The Event
- Do you want to learn how to blog?
- Are you a domestic violence survivor?
- Are you interested in rebuilding your life after abuse?
If you answered yes, to the questions above the Broken to Brilliant Blogging GEMS program could be for you.
There are limited places for 10 people, the cost is $299 per person. There will be 8 ZOOM sessions between February and November, focusing on Blogging Skills and education on the self-care practices of Sleep, Tapping, Activty, Regulation and Support (STARS). After each education session you will put the self-care strategy into practice and blog about your experience. The aim is to help you get into the habit of practicing self-care, while you test and work out what selfcare strategies resonate with you. Writing about your experiences helps to process these activities and build your writing skills. Each of your blogs will be professionally reviewed by author and former award winning journalist, Belinda Pollard. Then they will be published on the Broken to Brilliant Blog page. The program is subsides by funds raised through Broken to Brilliant Op Shops.
Broken to Brilliant is seeking applicants for this program. You will need to be able to pay for the reduced costs of the program, commit to attending the ZOOM session, undertake the self-care activities such as a sleep routines, tapping exercise, doing activities, methods of self regulation, seek support and create your self-care plan. For each of these be prepared to write 500 words about your experiences in undertaking these self-care activities and how they helped you to move forward in your life after abuse. Broken to Brilliant will publish the edited blogs on their blog website to help and support other domestic violence survivors’ in their journey to rebuilding their lives after abuse.
The program will be conducted online via Zoom and on the 2nd Feb 2021.
- Session dates: The 90 minues session dates are
- Session 1 on Wednesday 2nd February
- Session 2 on Wednesday16th February
- Session 3 on Wednesday6th April
- Session 4 on Wednesday25th May
- Session 5 on Wednesday13th July
- Session 6 on Wednesday5th October
- Session 7 on Wednesday9th November
- Session 8 on Wednesday 30 November, the final session will be held discussing 'Where to now?" and how to use your blogging skills.
- Blog submission dates:
- The dates to submit your 500-word blog are: 23rd March, 29th June, 17th August, 2nd November, 16th November.
More than blogging
- This is more than learning to blog, this is rebuilding your life through evidence based strategies and sharing your experiences to help others, you will be changing your lfie and helping others to change their life.
- If you have futher questions regarding this program please email your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ticket type
The Blogging STARS program helps domestic violence survivors to practice self-care strategies to rebuild their life & you will also learn how to blog. Lessons & feedback from an award winning author, journalist & blogger. Blogs will be published on Broken to Brilliant website.Price$299.00