Wed, 09 Feb|
The Blogging STARS program helps domestic violence survivors to practice self-care strategies to rebuild their life & you will also learn how to blog. Online safe place, for survivors to come together, learn self-care strategies to rebuild your life. You will also help others along the way.
Time & Location
09 Feb 2022, 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm AEST
About The Event
- Are you a domestic violence survivor?
- Are you interested in rebuilding your life after abuse?
- Do you like to write, could blogging help you with your online business, your work & career or be a creative outlet to share your voice?
If you answered yes, to the questions above the Broken to Brilliant Blogging STARS program could be for you.
This program full price is valued at $950 per person.
There are limited places for 10 people, particpants are being asked to pay $299 per person.
Payment plan of $29.90 per week over ten weeks is available, https://www.brokentobrilliant.org/plans-pricing
Help your self on your journey to recover, share your experience and help others on their journey.
Pay it forward and give back
There will be 8 ZOOM sessions between February and November, focusing on Blogging Skills and education on the self-care practices of Sleep, Tapping, Activity, Regulation and Support (STARS). After each education session you will put the self-care strategy into action and blog about your experience. The aim is to help you get into the habit of self-care, while you test and work out what selfcare strategies resonate with you. Writing about your experiences helps to process these activities and build your writing skills. Each of your blogs will be professionally reviewed by author and former award winning journalist, Belinda Pollard. Then they will be published on the Broken to Brilliant Blog page. The program is subsidised by funds raised through Broken to Brilliant Op Shops.
Broken to Brilliant is seeking applicants for this program. You will need to be able to pay for the reduced costs of the program, commit to attending the ZOOM session, undertake the self-care activities such as a sleep routines, tapping exercise, doing activities, methods of self regulation, seek support and create your self-care plan. For each of these be prepared to write 500 words about your experiences in undertaking these self-care activities and how they helped you to move forward in your life after abuse. Broken to Brilliant will publish the edited blogs on their blog website to help and support other domestic violence survivors’ in their journey to rebuilding their lives after abuse.
The program will be conducted online via Zoom and on the 2nd Feb 2021.
Session dates: The 90 minute session dates are:
- Session 1 on Wednesday 9th February
- Session 2 on Wednesday 16th February
- Session 3 on Wednesday 6th April
- Session 4 on Wednesday 25th May
- Session 5 on Wednesday 13th July
- Session 6 on Wednesday 5th October
- Session 7 on Wednesday 9th November
- Session 8 on Wednesday 30 November, the final session will be held discussing 'Where to now?" and how to use your blogging skills.
Blog submission dates:
- The dates to submit your 500-word blog are: 23rd March, 11th May, 29th June, 17th August, 2nd November, 16th November 2022.
More than blogging
- This is more than learning to blog, this is rebuilding your life through evidence based strategies and sharing your experiences to help others, you will be changing your life and helping others to change their lives. Read the blogs from Blogging GEMS
- If you have further questions regarding this program please email your contact details to email@example.com
The Blogging STARS program helps domestic violence survivors to practice self-care strategies to rebuild their life & you will also learn how to blog. Lessons & feedback from an award winning author, journalist & blogger. Blogs will be published on Broken to Brilliant website.$299.00